We are working on importing these games to your Sportsengine account, but until they are in there, here's the list for you overachievers.
Thanks for your patience!
Practices start on Tuesday, May 26th. Each team has one weekday practice scheduled, and one weekend practice scheduled before games start on June 1.
Please take note of which field your practices are on and what times they are at. Please understand that parents and siblings are not allowed to attend practice.
Thank you very much for your attention to this matter.
Here's the info you want for the upcoming season! It's starting NEXT WEEK!
Dear Kalispell Baseball Families,
We hope this email finds you safe and healthy. The KPWB Board met on Friday, May 8th to discuss a plan for baseball this spring. This was a lengthy meeting focused not only on resuming baseball activities, but how to maintain the health and safety of our players, parents, and volunteers as we move forward. We will share with you in the coming days our COVID-19 Operations Plan which will allow us to begin a shortened spring season under the Phase One guidelines issued in the Governor's directive for organized youth activities.
Please note that KidSports is open and we have contacted the City and Flathead County Health Department for approval to move forward. Assuming no substantial changes to the Phases as they stand today, we intend to start baseball practices May 25th with the hope of being able to play games at the Minors, 10P and Majors level starting in June. This will take place as long as restrictions are eased and the state is allowed to enter the Phase Two guidelines.
We will be postponing our T-Ball and Rookie program for the time being. We are allowing any child who is currently registered as a Rookie and is 8 years old to register to play in the Minors Division. We would like parent feedback if there is interest in resuming Rookie or T-Ball later this summer and after the conclusion of our spring season. Refunds for the Rookie and T-Ball level will begin being issued on Monday, May 11th.** Please understand that this is a tedious process and may take some time to accomplish.**
We recognize that some families may not be able to participate due to timing of other commitments or the need to protect the health and safety of their family. Therefore, we are willing to issue registration refunds as requested until midnight on Sunday, May 17th. No refunds will be issued after this deadline. We also request that any COACH or Asst. COACH who had signed up to coach and is no longer available to let us know ASAP. We need to know this by May 17th as well and have established this cutoff date so we can put together teams and get our shirts ordered for the kids. If you commit to play on May 17th, please note that we will be moving forward planning a season. This includes ordering shirts/hats. If we do not reach Phase Two by June 1st, we are not be allowed to host games and will continue with practices until Phase Two is reached.
Once we see what we have for numbers following the cutoff date of May 17th, we will be reforming teams. We do not have the time or the ability to host a draft given the circumstances. We will do our best to form equal teams to allow for competitive games and skill development for all players. We have some fantastic coaches who have volunteered and we look forward to a regular season like we have never seen before. A FULL COVID-19 Operations plan will be provided to EACH coach prior to the first practices as well as to Parents for full transparency. Practices will be run with given distancing guidelines per the Phase that we are in.
Games will run as follows: There will be a single umpire assigned to each game standing behind the pitcher. We will be enforcing social distancing and dugouts will be expanded along the fence line. Parents/siblings will NOT be allowed inside of the complex, they may stand/sit outside of the fence in the outfield with proper distancing. Extra precautions, additional restroom facilities, and sanitizing will take place between innings and with gear. Catcher gear may not be shared in any single game. All equipment will be fully sanitized following each game.
Below are the key dates to put on your calendar.
May 17 – New/Re-registrations/Refund requests close at midnight
May 25 – Practices begin Minors/10P/Majors Teams
June 1st -(IF we are in Phase Two)- Games begin for Minors/10P/Majors Teams. (IF we are still in Phase One), Practices continue.
July 2- Season Ends (Even if we haven't played a game yet)
We want to thank you for your patience and continued support of baseball in our valley. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Please send questions, comments, concerns, and requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello baseball families. The board met on 4/28 via Google Meet and discussed the possibilities of baseball with our current situation. We have agreed that a season of baseball this year is going to look heavily modified, but it’s still not an impossibility. There is a demand for baseball in the valley, even if it’s modified, so we are still being patient and trying to move forward with a season. Here are the things that we know to be true at this point.
We must align with, and stay aligned with, the direction that the city of Kalispell is taking with not opening Kidsports until Phase 2 of Governor Bullock’s re-opening plan. This does not have a date yet, and until we know the date, we cannot anticipate an opening time.
Phase 2 requires that groups of less than 50 be maintained with social distancing protocols in place. This will mean that the upper complex of fields and lower complex of fields will not host more than a single game at a time, and concession stands, seating, and restroom facilities will be very limited. We are looking at a players/coaches only scenario on the fields, and family groups that are spectating being limited to the outfield only with social distancing protocols in place there.
With such limits on play at Kidsports, we have been in discussions with Whitefish who would like to play on a limited basis as well, and we could host a game on their site. Discussions with Columbia Falls and Bigfork are going to get underway shortly. The idea is that if we can possibly combine forces with other Flathead Valley programs, we can spread baseball out and limit interaction and stay aligned with Phase 2 regulations.
Nationals, regionals, and the state tournament have been canceled so our travel baseball (all-stars) programs will not be playing any tournaments this season. In addition, the Firecracker tournament will not be held for any teams outside of the Flathead Valley. The possibility of holding the Firecracker as a season ending tournament over the 4th of July weekend is still a possibility.
Discussion of moving the Tball and Rookies programs to much later in the summer have also occurred, however, no decision has been made regarding this.
We understand the frustration that you must be feeling, and we are trying our best to keep you in the loop with communications. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you’ve got. Furthermore, if you need a refund, we are still happy to offer that. We will alert anyone that we have refunded of the possibility of playing the season and ability to sign back up to play if we wind up able to do so. Please send your questions, concerns, and requests to email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very unique time in our lives.
The KPWB Board
Hello league parents and players,
The board met digitally on April 14th to discuss our plans for the season this year. We are still holding on to hope for a modified season. If we are totally honest, like everything else these days, we aren't entirely sure what that looks like yet. The governor has issued a stay at home order until April 24. We are intending as a board to meet again on April 28 to evaluate what a modified season will look like. Our plan is to follow state health requirements and gatherings requirements when and if we are able to have a baseball season. If we are only allowed groups of ten, obviously that won't work for baseball. But until we know further, we can't make those decisions at this point. Please know that we will follow the Governor, local officials, and CDC guidelines, as appropriate.
If we haven't yet started a regular season by the first week of June, we will forego baseball this season. That said, we are still optimistic. Latest numbers show us improving really well in the Covid-19 department so continue to do your part to help our baseball season by staying home, and keeping everyone safe.
As a board, we understand that many people are struggling financially at this time, so we have agreed to refund dues (minus processing fees charged to us by Sportsengine) if it is requested. We will scratch your child from a roster, but you will be contacted if a season does get the green light to see if you would like to add your child again.
Thank you very much for your patience during this unique time. We appreciate your understanding and assistance as we navigate through it.
In the case of having to do a mass refund, please be patient with us, as this is uncharted territory and it will take time to manually process 409 registrations.
If you are a sponsor, our plan is to contact you to discuss what you would like to do with regard to your sponsorship fee.
Please don't hesitate to ask questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello baseball families,
As a league, we are still holding out hope for a baseball season, even if it's a modified version from our normal. Thankfully, as a summer sport, we are able to wait a little while to see how Covid-19 shapes our near futures. We don't want to cancel a season when there might still be a possibility of playing a modified season from the original plan. As far as dues are concerned, we will make it right with you if that time comes. Considerations are being made for that as we speak. We are discussing the possibility of applying your fee to next year, or refunding your money (minus the charges we have to pay to process the cards). If you are in a particularly challenging financial situation, we invite you to reach out and let us know so that we can help as best as we can. We wish you the best in this challenging time, and we want to let you know that we have not forgotten about you and intend on keeping you up to date as things progress. Please keep an eye on kalispellbaseball.org and find us on Facebook for more updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please go wash your hands.
Congratulations to those of you that made the team! Thanks to all that attended tryouts. It was a wonderful turnout!
It's that time again! Lakers baseball camp coming right up. Details online or below in the linked document. Hope to see you out there!